Thursday, May 19, 2011

30 Day Challenge Day: Three

Day 3

Todays project was for me to making a whelping box for my pregger dog Bailey. She is a yorkie and this is my first set up pups so I'm a little overly protective of her.

This box is where she will have her puppies and where she will nurse her puppies for the first few weeks.
I took a big box and cut off the top flaps.


Then I cut a square on the side for her to walk into. I made it high enough to hopefully prevent the puppies from crawling out, but low enough so she doesn't have to hop in and risk hurting a pup.



I am thinking about taking the flaps I cut off and cut 3  1 1/2- 2 inch strips and put them onto the inside. This is to protect the puppies for if Bailey lays down against the box the strips will stick out to help prevent her from laying on a pup that may be against the box. This is optional, just as I said. I am overly protective :)


To finish it off I bought some new bath towels and a comfy blanket in it to lay on.

And there you go. A simple (besides the optional part) whelping box for your pregnant pooch to relax in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com