Tuesday, May 24, 2011

30 Day Challenge Day: six

I have been wanting to do this project since I first decided to do my 30 day challenge, but I didn't have the right material so I had to wait. Found just the right fabric online and it came just in time so tonight I got to try it out

Braided bracelet from vanessachristenson blog. I suggest watching the video for more info (and a little laugh) .
It took me a few tries to get it the right tightness.. I would get half way done and have a spot too loose and start over but finished my first bracelet..


It was actually a little too loose for me so I turned it into an anklet.



Next try I used my moms wrist to help so I wouldn't have to take it off my fingers and it worked a lot better.




its super cute and the color is bright and summery and looks great next to a tan (which I am working on) It looks pretty thick on but I like that, and good thing about it is the fabric is cloth so if it gets wet, it wont hurt it. But if you do ruin in its okay too because it is so simple to make once you get the hang of it. You could make one of every color and switch it up or where them all together!






On another note, Tonight was American Idol top 2 competing.. Scotty and Lauren. They both did great and are the youngest finalist yet so I am pretty excited to see who will be season 10's American idol.




Scotty is a great country singer.. his voice just melts your heart and he sounds like he could have an album out today. he is a cutie and a total sweet heart. 












Lauren on the other hand is a great country singer too but has more of a range to me that I like. She is a sweet southern bell and very pretty. I think she couold go far too. I loved the song they picked she sang for her mother.


Either way they will be both be a great choice.






Me and my mom started a tradition this year of having some milk and Oreo cookies while watching it, so have to say sorta glad its almost over. Its almost bikini weather and cookies are not helping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com